Wednesday, October 10, 2018

If You Have Chronic Pain You Need to Know About Trigger Points

I just learned about trigger points and WOW they really work.

My new pain doctor told me about trigger points and how he could inject a small amount medicine and relieve some of my pain. I love my doctor and trust him 100%, but I hate needles..... That's when he told me that I could get temporary relief using pressure on the trigger points. 

One night when I was hurting we printed the anterior trigger points. My wife didn't have much problem finding #1 and #5 on the chart as they were pretty tender. She used her elbow and pressed as hard as she could counting out 30 seconds. Then she moved on to the next trigger point and did the same thing.

When I got up off the bed I couldn't believe I didn't hurt, at least not as much. It had relieved about 80% of the pain. I could even stand up straight and walk without much pain.

Now when I get that pain down the back of my leg and it's hard to walk, my wife uses her elbow on #1 and #5 for 30 seconds, and it's much better.

If you have chronic pain look into the trigger point links below they can really make a difference. I was surprised how something so simple could make such a difference...

Locations are where you'll find sore spots or small muscle knots
Referrals are where pain may refer when a trigger point is pushed

Links
Anterior Trigger Point Locations
Posterior Trigger Point Locations
Anterior Trigger Point Referrals
Posterior Trigger Point Referrals

Great Page on How Trigger Points Work


No comments:

Post a Comment