Sunday, August 27, 2023

Catch 22 No Help for Pain Patients - Emergency Room says You're an Addict - Community Health Services says You're a Pain Patient

Catch 22 No Help for Pain Patients - Emergency Room says You're an Addict - Community Health Services says You're a Pain Patient 

When I went to Community Health Services AKA the Methadone Clinic in Kingman for help getting off my opioid pain medication. 

I told them I had tapered down from 450mgs of Morphine a day to 30 mgs but was having withdrawal symptoms after 12 hours. I had gone through several days of withdrawals before giving up and taking my Morphine. 

They said it was Catch 22, federal law says they can't help because I told them I was a pain patient, and they can't treat pain patients. 

That didn't even make sense to me, if I was asking for pain management I could understand, but I wanted help getting off my pain medications. 

They told me to go to the emergency room, they would help me there, but I know that's BS.

 If a pain-patient goes to the emergency room for help, you're told they can't help because you're addicted, and they can't treat addicts.  If a pain-patient goes to a Methadone clinic like Community Health Services and mention the word pain, they tell you they can't help because you're a pain patient and they can't treat pain.

WOW!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment